Campbell Track and Field set multiple school records at the Big South Indoor Championships, finishing third overall in both the men’s and women’s competition in the Rector Field House at Virginia Tech University over the weekend.
Led by Big South Female Track Athlete of the Year, Lilla Juhasz, who won both the 60-m dash and the 60-m hurdles – setting her own personal record (7.58s), the Fighting Camels recorded a program high in points and All-Conference performers.
Amon Terer cruised to the title in the men’s 3,000m race and the 5,000m race, while Joan Maritim showcased a strong showing in the long distance race finishing second overall.
Sabina Allen kickstarted a fantastic final day of action, setting her own PR in the women’s long jump and women’s triple jump, winning both competitions for the Fighting Camels.
Campbell was well represented on the podium in the high jump as Chenelle McKay won the women’s high jump while Davian Rhodes captured the men’s overall title.
First Place All-Big South:
- Sabina Allen (women’s long jump, women’s triple jump)
- Lilla Juhasz (women’s 60-meter dash, women’s 60-meter hurdles)
- Shenelle McKay (women’s high jump)
- Davian Rhodes (men’s high jump)
- Amon Terer (men’s 3,000-meter race, men’s 5,000-meter race)
Second Place All-Big South:
- Tashinga Chitambira (men’s 60-meter dash)
- Lorne Jenkins (men’s long jump)
- Joan Maritim (women’s 5,000-meter run)
- Women’s 4×400-meter Relay (Jocelyn Culbreath, Tatiana Wolfe, Racheal Brown, Roshae Jackson)
Third Place All-Big South:
- Jaszlyn Jenkins (women’s triple jump)
- Joan Maritim (women’s 3,000-meter run, 1-mile run)
- Tatiana Wolfe (women’s 60-meter hurdles)
- Women’s Distance Medley Relay (Kelsey Rea, Racheal Brown, Roshae Jackson, Amina Alvarez-Barkane)
- Men’s 4×400-meter Relay
Following a successful weekend across the board, head coach Michael Kelly was named Big South Women’s Coach of the Year, leading Campbell to within one point of second place.
Check out the full highlights from the final day of action (click here for day one) in the Big South Indoor Championships led by plenty of podium worthy moments on the track.