Written By: Chris Downey, Athletic Communications Assistant
Most recently, Campbell competed in the UNCG Team Challenge on Jan. 24. Here are the latest notes from the past weekend of action.
- Mason Holt earned first place in the 3,000-meter race, finishing the race at 8:53.28.
- The women’s 4×400 team finished third in the event, running a 3:58.07.
- Noah Tyson completed the men’s triple jump in third place, jumping 13.41-meters. Taylor Swanson finished fourth in that event for Campbell.
- Tatiana Wolfe finished the 60-meter hurdles in third place at 8.86.
Three weeks into the indoor track & field season, Campbell has been making positive strides in its performances.
- Lilla Juhasz broke her previous school record in the 60-meter hurdles at the Virginia Tech Invitational. She ran a time of 8.47 seconds, placing second in the event.
- With that performance, she earned Big South Female Track Athlete of the Week honors
- Lorne Jenkins also earned athlete of the week honors for Male Field performance of the week during the same span.
- At the Virginia Tech Invitational, Jenkins improved on his initial mark with a 7.14-meters. He jumped 14.72 in the men’s triple jump.
During the opening meet, Campbell captured five first place finishes.
- Khai McLin claimed first in the 60-meter dash with 6.88s. He also finished second at the 200-meter dash.
- Davian Rhodes finished first in the men’s high jump with 2.01-meters. Chase Edwards finished third in that same event.
- On the women’s side, Roshae Jackson finished first in the 800-meter run with a 2:21.53s.
- Ali Bowen finished in the top spot in the 3,000-meter run at 11:19.88s and Sabina Alleln finished first in the long jump (5.62-meter).